Clam and Potato Casserole
Clam and potato casserole is an easy to make clam recipe. Combination of clams, butter, potatoes and Parmesan cheese makes it a great dish.
- 1 quart clams
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 cups clam liquor and milk
- 1-1/4 quarts sliced cooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain clams and save liquor. Chop.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add liquor gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add clams.
- Place one-half the potatoes in a well greased 2-quart casserole, sprinkle one-half the onion over potatoes and cover with one-half the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 45 to 50 minutes or until brown.