- 2 7-ounce cans smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Beat the milk, butter, seasonings and beaten egg yolks into the mashed potatoes.
- Stir in the fish and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Place in a well greased casserole.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for 45 minutes or until brown.