- 2 pounds salmon steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion rings
- 3 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sprinkle salmon on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and dash pepper.
- Roll in flour and brown steaks quickly in fat.
- Place the browned steaks in a large, well greased casserole.
- Cook celery, onion and green pepper in the remaining fat until almost tender.
- Add corn and soy sauce; pour over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and bake covered in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve from casserole.