- 1-pound can salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup liquid (liquid from canned salmon plus milk to make volume)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups fine bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Drain and flake salmon, saving liquid.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- Add liquid gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces.
- Combine all ingredients except butter and crumbs; mix well.
- Place in individual, well greased casseroles.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over casseroles.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for about 20 minutes or until brown.