Salmon A La King
Salmon a la king
- 1-pound can salmon
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained and sliced
- Toast cups, patty shells, or toast
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Cook green pepper, onion and pimiento in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into the beaten egg yolks and add to the sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add salmon and mushrooms; heat thoroughly.
- Serve in toast cups, patty shells or on toast.