Curried Ocean Perch
Curried ocean perch
- 2 pounds ocean perch fillets
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- Rice ring
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Skin fillets and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Simmer fish in water for about 10 minutes or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Cook onion, celery and parsley in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk and fish mixture; cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve in a rice ring and garnish with chopped egg.