Halibut Steaks With Piquant Meringue
Halibut steaks with piquant meringue
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Cut steaks into serving size portions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a preheated, greased broiler pan about 3 inches from source of heat.
- Brush with butter and broil 4 to 8 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Baste with butter and turn carefully.
- Brush other side with butter and broil 4 to 8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when'd tested with a fork.
- While fish is broiling, combine next 4 ingredients and fold into egg white.
- Place mixture on top of fish.
- Brown in broiler about 1 minute.