Halibut Soup Gourmet
Halibut soup gourmet
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole allspice
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups fish stock and water
- 1 cup coffee cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Remove skin and bones from steaks; cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Place trimmings in saucepan with the next 8 ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain and save fish stock.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and salt.
- Add fish stock gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add fish; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream; heat.
- Garnish with parsley sprinkled over the top.