- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Remove skin and bones from steaks; cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Combine milk and egg; blend into flour mixture.
- Dip cubes of fish in the batter.
- Fry in a basket in deep fat, 375° F, for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.