Halibut Americana Bouillabaisse
- 1 pound halibut steaks or fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1 can (7 ounces) minced clams
- 1 can (5 ounces) shrimp, drained
- 1 can (1 pound 4 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- Dash pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices French bread
- Remove skin and bones from steaks; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bread.
- Bring to boiling point and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread; toast.
- Arrange toast in large soup bowls and cover with bouillabaisse.